Please join us during our first ever FRESH Food Drive
As a result of record rain fall and colder than usual temperatures, our farm is suffering – meaning we have fewer fruits and vegetables to provide to the people for whom we serve.
But you can help! For the first time ever, we are going to run a FRESH Food Drive to collect vegetables and fruit. Here’s how you can help:
- Visit one of the participating grocery stores in the city on Saturday, September 16th, and purchase an extra bag of produce for the Ottawa Food Bank and donate it to one of our volunteers on site – volunteers will also be accepting monetary donations
- Drop by our warehouse at 1317 Michael Street, Monday to Friday between 8:00 and 4:00 with produce from your own garden or purchased locally – other area farmers are suffering too, make sure to show them some support
- Make a monetary donation online. For every dollar you donate, we can deliver $5 of nutritious and fresh food to the community
Participating Grocery Stores:
- Loblaws Merivale – 1460 Merivale Road
- Metro Convent Glen – 6509 Jeanne D’Arc Blvd
- Superstore Westboro – 190 Richmond Road
- FreshCo – 4750 Bank Street
As always, we will have our doors open Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our 1317 Michael Street warehouse for people who wish to donate produce throughout the week.
The items we need most are potatoes, carrots, apples and onions.