Your Support in Action
Your gifts offer a way forward to the most vulnerable among us. Here are some of the essentials that your community received this from October 2017-August 2018, thanks to your generosity:
- 980,400 lbs of fresh produce
- 69,000 cases of non-perishable food
- 8,950 cases of baby food and diapers
- 32,345 litres of fuel for the delivery trucks
- 2x more cooler space thanks to new industrial shelving
- 40,000 boxes (continually re-used) to collect and distribute all donated items
We have so much in store as we move into our busiest season of the year. Be sure to check out our complete calendar of events often, as it is continually updated.
Holiday Food Drive
- November 1st – December 31st, 2018
- At participating local businesses across the National Capital Region
The perfect way to usher in the holiday season at your work place and to help our neighbours in need. Get more information online, or reach out to our events team through email or over the phone (613-745-7001).
CBC Project Give
CBC will host a special live broadcast, from sunrise to sundown, with stories, live music, contests, and more. Last year, listeners and viewers raised more than $130,000 in a single day, proof of the incredible warmth and generosity in the hearts of the Ottawa people.
Watch for more information on our website to see what this year’s CBC Project Give has in store!
CTV Holiday Helpers
- December 6-7, 2018
- Various drop offs throughout Ottawa
The CTV Holiday Helpers Food and Fund Drive is a fun way for your group or workplace to make a difference in our city. Participation is easy: collect donations of either food or money (or both!) and bring them down to one of the drop off locations on the morning of the CTV Morning Live broadcast.
Last year’s event raised over $129,000 and 12,100 pounds of food. Watch for more information on our website and Facebook pages.
Stock the Shelves
A gift of stocks allows you to save more and give more! Consider donating your stocks directly to the Ottawa Food Bank. Shares of publicly traded securities are easy to transfer. And it eliminates capital gains taxes.
Easy as 1-2-3
- Decide which shares to donate “in-kind”
- Contact the Ottawa Food Bank’s Major Gifts Officer, Tricia Johnson, at 613-745-7001 ext. 119 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Send the Donation of Securities Form to your broker and the Ottawa Food Bank.