- Posted by Ottawa Food Bank
- On August 26, 2019
- 0 Comments
Join us for a fun-filled afternoon at the Ottawa Fury game at TD Place,
in support of our Baby Basics Program
We spent $89,300 on diapers alone last year and unfortunately were still not able to keep up with demand for this expensive and important items.
For every ticket sold for the September 22nd Ottawa Fury game through the Ottawa Food Bank eventbrite link, $10 will be donated directly to our Baby Basics Program buying diapers to help babies and families in need.
Details about the event:
- Come cheer with us in our special section and attend a meet and greet after the game with Ottawa Fury players!!
- Can’t make it to the game? You can also donate a box of diapers to support the Baby Basics program by clicking here!
- For every box of diapers donated, your name will be entered to win an awesome Fury Fan package! This includes two Otto’s V.I.P tickets to an Ottawa Fury Game (dinner included), a signed jersey, and a soccer ball signed by the whole team!
- Cheer on your Ottawa Fury while also supporting the Ottawa Food Bank’s Baby Basics Program!
- The game is on September 22nd
What is the Baby Basics Program?
Over a third of the clients at our member agency community food programs are children and babies. That’s why for this event we are asking for people to donate not just standard fare, such as pasta, sauce and canned goods, but rather essential baby supplies, such as diapers, baby food and formula for young families. These are items that are typically very expensive items and necessary items.
A staggering 36 per cent of our clients are children, with 17 per cent of them being babies under the age of two. The Baby Basics Program was launched a decade ago to meet the needs of new parents and their families.
Your support helps purchase and deliver essential baby items to new parents across the city of Ottawa.