This winter Ottawa media and celebrities hone their photo skills to participate in a photo contest and exhibition at Ottawa Studio Works followed by an auction of the artworks to support the Ottawa Food Bank!
- Sunday, January 20th, 2013; 10-11:30am
- Patrick Gordon Framing
- 160 Elm Street, Ottawa, Ontario – enter off City Centre Ave.
Participants meet at Patrick Gordon Framing to:
1. Hear their photo challenge and logistics.
2. Pick up their HarryNowell.com photo tutorial package and technical guidelines.
3. Learn some photo tips in an on-the-spot photo tutorial to help participants produce the best shots possible.
Theme: “Why I love Ottawa/Gatineau!”
Celebrity and media participants then have until Monday, January 28th to email up to three photo entries depicting “Why I love Ottawa/Gatineau!”
Sponsors will print and present at least one of the photos for the final exhibition and silent auction in February.
Media and Celebrity Participants:
Sandy Sharkey (co-host, Cub and Company, 839 BOB FM)
Stuntman Stu (Majic 100 Radio Host)
Jim Watson (Ottawa Mayor)
David Chernushenko (Ottawa City Councillor)
Peter Simpson (Arts-editor-at-large for The Ottawa Citizen)
Graham Richardson (CTV News Anchor)
Alan Neal (Host of All In A Day, CBC Radio One)
Ian Black (Climatologist, CBC News Ottawa)
Sarah Brown (Ottawa Magazine Editor)
Jane Corbett (Ottawa Magazine Art Director)
Andrea Tomkins (Blogger)
Peter Tilley (Executive Director – Ottawa Food Bank)
Final Exhibition and Silent Auction:
- Saturday, February 23rd, 2013; noon to 8:30pm
- Ottawa Studio Works
- 160 Preston St. Ottawa.
More details on Final Exhibition and Silent Auction on event post.
For complete details, visit Harry Newell’s blog.