“Why have a scene when you can have a community?”
25 musicians from 25 different bands come together to create 20-30 minutes of original music as 5 new bands, who formed exactly 24 hours prior to the event. The alternative rock community comes together to rock out and raise money for the Ottawa Food Bank in this special night.
Anything goes and it all comes down to luck of the draw—indie rockers might be paired with hip-hop rappers, a violinist and two drummers. It could be great, or it could be awful. Either way it will be a blast for musicians and audience alike and a one of a kind, not-to-be-missed event that any local music lover will appreciate.
Since Ottawa Rock Lottery is celebrating their 5th birthday, this year the 24-hour -old bands get a birthday present: a chance of winning a recording session with award-winning producer Steve Foley at Audio Valley Recording Studio (Big Boi, Tiga).
When: Saturday, May 18th, 2013
Doors at 7 p.m. Show at 8 p.m. (19+, $10 or $9 + non-perishable donation)
Where: Mavericks (221 Rideau Street)
This year’s Rock Lottery includes:
- 2013 Bluesfest performers: Fevers, Goodluck Assembly, Loon Choir, Riishi Von Rex
- Viral video sensations Kalle Mattson
- TBA Juno-award winner
- Band instrument wildcard
- Audience “Lottery” for incredible door prizes (designer clothes and even a tattoo)
- Rock and Roll Photobooth with Rubicon Photography
- Web video commercial, “Rock Stars Getting Ready” from award-winning filmmaker Shooter McNally and Split Pro Photography launches: Tuesday, May 7 at 10 a.m.