Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the minimum age to volunteer is 18 years
Position Title: Community Harvest Volunteer
Supervisor: Community Harvest Coordinator
Purpose: To assist the Ottawa Food Bank’s Community Harvest Program grow and harvest fresh produce for distribution to our member agencies across the city.
Time Commitment: Flexible. Shifts available Tuesday to Saturday
Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities
- Prepare soil, plant, weed and harvest crops
Qualifications, Skills, & Requirments
- Able to work in an outside environment
- Physically fit and able to bend, lift and carry
- Need to be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions
- Must follow directions of the community harvest coordinator
- Must have transportation to the farm
Health & Safety Requirements
- Must follow health and safety regulations
- Volunteers are not permitted to use heavy equipment
- Please read and abide by Health & Safety Ontario Manual Materials Handling
You’ll gain experience growing fresh food and play an important role in providing produce to those in need in our community.
Benefit to the Ottawa Food Bank
Your assistance will help the Ottawa Food Bank provide fresh produce to further assist the fight against hunger in the Ottawa area.