Position Title: Community Harvest Volunteer
Supervisor: Community Harvest Manager, Coordinator, and other staff
Purpose: To assist the Ottawa Food Bank’s Community Harvest Program grow and harvest fresh produce for distribution to our member agencies across the city.
Time Commitment: Flexible. Shifts available Monday to Sunday
Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities
- Prepare soil, plant, weed and harvest crops
Qualifications, Skills, & Requirements
- Able to work in an outside environment
- Physically fit and able to bend, lift and carry
- Need to be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions
- Must follow directions of the community harvest coordinator
- Must have transportation to the farm
- Volunteers must have their own transportation to and from the farm – OC Transpo does not service this are
Health & Safety Requirements
- Must follow health and safety regulations as explained by Community Harvest staff
- Volunteers are not permitted to use heavy equipment
- This opportunity is open to people 14 years and older – youth 14-17 must be with an adult who is also registered to volunteer
You’ll gain experience and knowledge of growing fresh food and play an important role in providing produce for distribution to food programs across the city.
Benefit to the Ottawa Food Bank
Volunteers help increase the capacity to plant, grow, and harvest fresh, healthy food at our Community Harvest Farm.