- Posted by Ottawa Food Bank
- On February 1, 2017
- 0 Comments
The Ottawa Food Bank was fortunate to have a strong 2015-2016 fiscal year thanks to YOU, our donors, member agency partners, supporters, and volunteers.
A few highlights:
- 45% of the food distributed was FRESH including eggs, dairy, meat, and produce
- Over 90,000 lbs of fruits and vegetables were grown on our farm as part of our Community Harvest program
- 76,000 healthy snacks were sent to 23 KickStart After 4 Programs
- Over 790,000 lbs of recovered food was sent to our meal programs across the city
- Our volunteers completed the work equivalent of 9.5 full time employees
- The Ottawa Food Bank works with and provides food for 112 community food programs across Ottawa
Please take a look at our Year in Review and know that you have helped change the lives of over 41, 500 people every month.