- This event has passed.
Savour Fall at Rideau Hall
Come out and join the Governor General during Savour Fall at Rideau Hall. This harvest celebration is an opportunity for visitors to appreciate and enjoy the pleasures of the fall season.
Please bring non-perishable or monetary donations for the Ottawa Food Bank or Gatineau’s Moisson Outaouais. Ottawa Food Bank staff and volunteers will be on-site to graciously accept your donations.
- All activities are free of charge and will take place rain or shine
- All the fun of Savour Fall at Rideau Hall begin at 12:30 p.m
- Tours of the residence will be available
- It is recommend you walk, bus, or take taxis to Rideau Hall, 1 Sussex Drive.
- Enjoy culinary creations prepared by the Rideau Hall kitchen brigade and leading chefs from across the region, with the assistance of local culinary students.
- Tour the private gardens and greenhouses, and get gardening tips from National Capital Commission horticultural experts.
- Explore the residence and get tips from the Governor General’s hospitality experts on how to receive guests for special occasions.
- Meet with local producers and agricultural groups, and taste samples of their products.
- Participate in fun children’s activities: face painting, storytime and crafts.
- Put on your dancing shoes and enjoy live musical performances.
Free parking will be available at the National Research Council (100 Sussex Drive, a 10-minute walk from Rideau Hall), and on the streets in the surrounding neighbourhood. Parking is not available on-site, with the exception of limited spaces reserved for persons with reduced mobility accessible via the Princess Gate.