This week's Hunger Action Month theme is EDUCATE.
Being informed and educated can help us become stronger advocates for food security in Ottawa.
Want to learn more about food insecurity in your community to help advocate for change?
- Rates of visits to food banks in your area
- Demographics of individuals accessing food banks near you (including % of children)
- How rates of social assistance are impacting food security in your area
- How affordable housing (or lack thereof) is impacting food security near you
- How to address food security in your community
- And more!
Stay tuned as we explore the other themes of Hunger Action Month this September!