- Posted by Ottawa Food Bank
- On May 6, 2019
- 0 Comments
Time to Grow!
We are thrilled that the sun is shining and we can begin to grow fresh fruits and vegetables for people in our community.
Last year, we grew and distributed over 130,000 pounds of fresh produce on our farm alone! Fingers crossed Mother Nature cooperates this season and we can do that again. We grow a large variety of produce on our eight acres of donated farm land near Stittsville.
But we can’t do it alone! Volunteering on our farm is a great group and individual activity. If you think this may be for you or your group, please take a look at the Community Harvest Job Description and then sign up today!
Group Volunteering on the Farm
If you’re a group and you’d like to volunteer, please contact our volunteer coordinator, Jo-Anne, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and assistance.
Individual Volunteering on the Farm
Please visit our online volunteer sign-up page and create an account (if you don’t already have one!), and select the Community Harvest shift or shifts that work for you!
Once you’ve signed up for a shift, you will receive a confirmation email. Please read that entire email carefully. All required information including directions, appropriate clothing, etc. will be shared with you at this time.
Good Community Harvest Volunteering Information To Know
- Our Community Harvest farm typically operates May to October
- Shift times are Monday to Saturday with morning and afternoon shifts: 8:30 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM
- The minimum age is 8 years to participate. Farm volunteers under 18 years of age must volunteer with an adult at this site. Please contact email@example.com with your selected shift time if you would like a youth added as a guest to your personal booking
- Volunteers must have a high degree of mobility and be able to walk the ½ kilometre from the main road to the fields
- OC Transpo does not service this area; volunteers must have their own way there and back
- Access point to the farm is located off of Mansfield Road in Stittsville; directions are confirmed with registration
We look forward to seeing you at the farm!