Community response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been tremendous and the Ottawa Food Bank is fortunate to have received generous financial support from its donors during this unprecedented period. The level of financial contributions has led the Ottawa Food Bank’s Board of Directors to re-evaluate how the Ottawa Food Bank’s financial reserves are protected and maintained, and to seek additional guidance regarding its investments and investment strategy.
We are currently in the process of establishing an Investment Advisory Committee which will act as a sub-committee of the Finance & Audit Committee. This committee will be asked to:
- Review and recommend updates to existing investment governance documents.
- Identify any gaps in documentation, and propose policies as required.
- Establish an investment strategy and plan for the Ottawa Food Bank’s reserve funds.
- Evaluate alternative investment services providers.
Recommend a process/framework to monitor and evaluate the Ottawa Food Bank’s investment strategy going forward.
- Ensure we identify and comply with proper governance practices relating to investments.
We are seeking three to five (3-5) new Investment Advisory Committee members to support the Board of Directors and the Ottawa Food Bank on how best to act as excellent stewards of the funds which have been generously donated to the Ottawa Food Bank.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or c.v. attached.
Please indicate how you feel you would contribute to the Investment Advisory Committee and what you are hoping to get out of the experience. Apply by August 15, 2021.